This Osprey Tropos 32 backpack gives a glimpse of a brand new multifunctional backpack that has recently been launched. It comes with a stand and a trampoline grille, which ensures the best ventilation.
The Osprey Tropos backpack.
Key features and benefits
- The support integrated in the soil holds the package upright.
- Perimeter frame and trampoline-shaped suspended grille
- Universal day package.
- Removable hip belt.
The Osprey Tropos is a truly complete package, see some of the features that show it:
- It is designed with features for cyclists. So you have the lower flashing loops (vertical and horizontal). The upper part of the front panel is equipped with two hinges adapted to the helmet, see photo.
- This package is suitable for category users for categoryusers and contains several pockets for laptops and tablets.
- The bag is equipped with a removable waist belt, side mesh pockets and double side compression straps. These bags can be used for water bottles or other objects (e.g. trekking poles), which can be fastened with side straps. You also have an emergency whistle. So you can use for fast and easyday hikes.
- You can remove the belt and use the bag as a normal tool for urban use,, or simply attach it to the back of the bag.
Details on the upper part with several zippers and nice hinges, hinges to secure the helmet and the strap of the upper part.
Bags and compartments
If you look from above, there are four different zippers that are a separate pocket and compartment entrance, see illustration. So I’m gonna line them up.
The view from above with all zippers.
The first, behind the belt, is a large, separate, zippered compartment for a laptop. It has a height of from the bottom of so that the computer will not be damaged if you drop the box. You can store computers up to 15 inches. In this compartment you still have a zipped pocket big enough for a shelf.
Then there is the main compartment, in which there is another bag big enough for a laptop.
At the top of the package is a zipped pocket for scratch-free electronics. This is followed by a long zipper in the large front pocket, with three mesh pockets for storing the mobile phone and other small items (see photo below), plus a zippered pocket at the bottom and another pen organizer.
It’s a front pocket with multiple pockets for organization inside.
Front pocket with zippered vertical centre entrance.
Entirely at the front you still have a central vertical zipper, which is the entrance of the front pocket, see picture above. It’s big but flat, so you can bring books or cards and other similar flat things.
They have mesh pockets stretched on both sides. They’re big enough to hold any bottle of water. But here you can store various long items, which are then secured with double side straps, which you also have here.
Breastband with emergency whistle, it’s hardly a function of the use of the city.
Strip-free top pocket.
Here you have something very good, as you can see on the picture below. This is a suspension rail for trampoline AirSpeed type , which is completely separated from the back of the package. It’s stretched with an edge frame. This is the best ventilation system, ideal for packages of this size. This system was introduced a few decades ago by Dayter.
The straps are tight and you have an adjustable chest strap with an emergency whistle. Note that the harness length is fixed, without hull adjustment
The package is equipped with a stand that allows you to keep the package upright wherever you place it. This is a stand-alone feature that can be very useful for some users.
Thigh strap and removable and, no padding. The main purpose of this measure is to keep the herd in place and prevent the herd from jumping when moving quickly over rough terrain. I’m not impressed, but it’s part of the tutu design.
Suspension system with trampoline type net.
I already mentioned the double compression tires on both sides and the double flash clamp on the bottom, see picture below, as well as the double top buckles to attach the helmet or something else.
All zippers have large, nicely designed tension loops that are easy to use even with gloves on.
Details below with the hinges for attaching the left one.
Lateral compression straps are useful for securing equipment, but they also help to secure the package and stabilize the load when you have little inside. The fabric is a fairly durable 420 HD Packcloth nylon fabric. You saw a huge handle on top.
Specifications and brief description of functions
- Weight: 1.24 kg.
- Capacity: Thirty-two liters.
- Dimensions (L x W x D): 56 x 33 x 31 cm.
- The main fabric: Nylon fabric 420 HD.
- AirSpeed trampoline backrest system.
- An integrated stand holds the package upright.
- Organizer pocket on the front.
- Vertical zippered pocket in the front center.
- Inner pocket for laptop and tablet.
- Inner clamp for attaching the key.
- In the organization’s pockets.
- LED mounting points.
- Separate bag for laptop and tablet.
- Removable hip belt.
- Compression tires on both sides.
- Back strap with emergency whistle.
- Double side pockets made of elastic gauze.
- 5 colors to choose from.
- The warranty: Spray omnipotent.
Summary and assessment
In summary, this review of the Osprey Tropos 32 backpack is a high quality, reliable and versatile backpack with many features, not to mention a sandy beach and a trampoline. The Osprey is a well-known company, I trust the brand and I can recommend this package to everyone.
But here are some of my objections. Some features are missing, but they may not be important to you, and if you can afford the price, you get a great package with a truly modern design.
If you plan to use it outdoors, the rain cover can be considerable, but this may of course depend on your region. Here there are excellent and much less excellent properties. I’m not impressed with the thigh strap. A package of this size may need something bigger to support the weight on the hips when the package is fully loaded.
On the other hand, the tight rear grill is the best ventilation system I’ve used in the last 15 years.
There is no adjustment of the body, and the tutu is the same size, i.e. a size of the withers. Many bags of this size are equipped with a belt adjuster and there are very good reasons why you need it.
The packaging is designed to be universal, and it is. But some of its characteristics (or lack thereof) are not best suited to certain activities. For example, a thin belt and a missing rain cover may make it less suitable for outdoor walks.
Let’s see how I rate this tutu:
Tropos White-tailed eagle bagsLaptop backpack
Characteristics and premiums
- Excellent rear suspension with mesh.
- Excellent ventilation.
- Very versatile packaging.
- Clutch function.
- It’s a big organization.
- Very reliable and high quality tools.
- No rainwear.
- Oh, my darling.
- Just one size.
- Hull length not adjustable.
- Very thin belt.
Note: they have produced a packaging suitable for women, called Talia, with a volume of 30 liters. If you still don’t think this package is for you, take a look at my page with many packages of less than 35 litres.
Thank you for reading it. For comments and questions you can use the comment field below. Have a nice day.
osprey tropos 34,osprey tropos reddit
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.